Field Guide to Leadership and Supervision for Nonprofit Staff
Until now, it has been very difficult to find a publication that deals with the many day-to-day challenges faced by nonprofit leaders and supervisors. This highly practical guide is customized particularly to the real world of the nonprofit Executive Director and other leaders and supervisors among nonprofit staff. Guidelines are written in an easy-to-implement style, resulting in a highly practical resource that is useful at any time in the life of a nonprofit organization. Guidelines show you how to:
- Lead from a plan-based, systems view of the nonprofit organization and its programs
- Lead each of the most important functions in a nonprofit
- Lead successful organization-wide change
- Pick the best Board model/structure for your Board
- Work in strategic partnership with your Board
- Discern how much you Board should be involved in the management of the nonprofit
- Determine the CEO's compensation, conduct succession planning, and form a contract with the CEO
- Lead and manage yourself, including how to avoid burnout
- Hire, train and retain the best employees
- Organize and lead successful teams
- Ensure all staff and volunteers contribute directly to achieving the goals of the nonprofit organization
- Detect and address Founder's Syndrome
This guidebook is very useful for:
- Founders and Executive Directors of nonprofits
- Nonprofit managers or supervisors
- Members of nonprofit Boards of Directors
- Nonprofit management consultants
- HRD professionals working with nonprofits
This is a clear, concise and comprehensive guidebook written by the author of one of the world's largest on-line libraries for managers, leaders and supervisors, the Free Management Library(sm).
Our Nonprofit Leadership and Supervision Consultation and Training
- We provide nonprofit leadership and supervision development services, including customizing the process to suit the nature and needs of your organization.
Learn about our consultation.
- We also provide a training session, Nuts and Bolts to Leadership and Supervision. That training can be customized to suit your organization, as well.
Our Other Useful Nonprofit Publications
- Field Guide to Developing, Operating and Restoring Your Nonprofit Board
- Field Guide to Nonprofit Strategic Planning and Facilitation
- Field Guide to Nonprofit Program Design, Marketing and Evaluation
- Get this leadership and supervision guidebook, along with all of our other three nonprofit guidebooks listed above, at a discount in our Nonprofit Capacity Building Toolkit (sm).
- Field Guide to Consulting and Organizational Development With Nonprofits
(book is for consultants and internal leaders)
Author: McNamara, Carter
Publisher: Authenticity Consulting, LLC