Field Guide to Nonprofit Program Design, Marketing and Evaluation
The current edition is the 5th. Please contact us if you are looking for the 4th edition.
Includes worksheets in an appendix, as well as on-line for more flexible use.
This book is used by a variety of educational institutions. Contact us if you are an educator.
Comprehensive, Integrated and Practical Resource About
Nonprofit Program Design, Marketing and Evaluation
This book is unique -- typically, you would have to buy three separate books to get information about nonprofit program design, marketing and evaluation. Not now!
FUNDING for nonprofit programs is very difficult to get if the nonprofit has not carefully designed, marketed and evaluated its programs. If those three highly integrated activities are not done well, it is very difficult to prove to funders that the programs are successfully meeting needs in the nonprofit's community. As a result, the nonprofit will not get the support and funding so critical to its very existence. Thus, the critical activities of program design, marketing and evaluation have never been more important to nonprofits! This book is a must for anyone seeking to start a successful nonprofit or program, or to ensure they get funding!
Rather than treating the three activities as somehow being completely separate from each other (which they are not!), this book provides clear and comprehensive guidelines for all of the most important aspects of designing, marketing and evaluating a nonprofit program. Guidelines are written in an easy-to-implement style, resulting in a highly practical resource that can be referenced at any time during the life of a nonprofit program.
This guide can be used to:
- Evolve strategic goals into well-designed programs, guaranteed to meet needs of clients.
- Develop very credible nonprofit fundraising proposals, evaluation plans and business plans.
- Ensure focused and effective marketing, including sales, advertising and promotions.
- Evaluate effectiveness and efficiencies of current programs in delivery of services to clients.
- Evaluate program performance against goals and outcomes.
- Understand how a program really works in order to improve or duplicate the program.
This hands-on guide is ideal for:
- Executives and managers of nonprofits
- Members of nonprofit Boards of Directors
- Nonprofit consultants and service providers
- Foundations, government and corporate donors
Increase Results of Your Fundraising!
One of the first things that funders look for in a grant proposal is the description of the design of the program. Description of a very well-designed program, including with a clear evaluation plan, greatly increases the chances that the program will be funded.
This guidebook shows you how to design a program that consistently meets the needs of its clients, and does so in a highly effective and efficient fashion.
Includes Step-by-Step Guidelines, Materials and Worksheets to:
- Understand the "system" of a nonprofit organization and program
- Ensure successful planning for program development, marketing and evaluation
- Conduct your preparatory strategic planning
- Design your program logic model
- Conduct your program market analysis
- Plan your program start-up and development
- Plan your program's ongoing management and operations
- Plan your program's finances
- Plan your program's approach to evaluation
- Assemble numerous plans (see below)
100s of Guidelines and 25 Worksheets to Assemble These Plans!
By following the guidelines to complete the various worksheets, you can quickly assemble plan documents for:
- Program start-up and development plan
- Marketing plan
- Advertising and promotions plan
- Sales plan
- Customer service plan
- Operations plan
- Fundraising proposal
- Business plan
- Program evaluation plan, including implementation, process, goals-based and/or outcomes evaluation
Includes "Business (Market) Research Methods 101"
The guidebook includes guidelines to conduct highly practical market research activities for your program development, marketing or evaluation. Includes:
- Guidelines to plan your market research
- Overview of methods to collect data during research
- How to conduct highly ethical research
- Guidelines to conducting observations
- Guidelines to developing questionnaires
- Guidelines to conducting interviews
- Guidelines to conducting focus groups
- Guidelines to developing case studies
- Guidelines to conducting pilot research
- Some major sources of market research information
- Guidelines to analyzing and interpreting research results
Our Other Useful Nonprofit Publications
- Field Guide to Developing, Operating and Restoring Your Nonprofit Board
- Field Guide to Nonprofit Strategic Planning and Facilitation
- Field Guide to Leadership and Supervision for Nonprofit Staff
- (Get our guidebook on program design, marketing and evaluation, along with all of our guidebooks listed above, at a discount in our Nonprofit Capacity Building Toolkit(sm).)
- Field Guide to Consulting and Organizational Development With Nonprofits
(book is for consultants and internal leaders)
Author: McNamara, Carter
Publisher: Authenticity Consulting, LLC